Meet Dr. John D. Hamerink
Dr. John Hamerink graduated from the University of Michigan with a B.S. in Movement Science (Kinesiology). He continued his education by earning his M.S. in basic medical sciences from Wayne State University. Dr. Hamerink then attended the University of Michigan School of Dentistry, where he completed his D.D.S. In addition to private practice dentistry, Dr. Hamerink teaches at the University of Michigan Dental School two days a week and is a co-director of the Healthcare Delivery Pathway curriculum.
John's mission in the dental profession is to provide outstanding care to his patients in a warm, comfortable office environment. Dr. Hamerink enjoys outdoor activities and also takes time for travel and volunteering in the community, including serving as a member of the Rotary Club of Plymouth. During football season, he is a season ticket holder for Michigan football and has enjoyed games since 2000.
Dr. Hamerink’s professional and community involvement includes:
- American Dental Association
- Michigan Dental Association
- Washtenaw District Dental Society, Editor
- Francis B. Vedder Society
- Spear Advanced Dental Education
- University of Michigan School of Dentistry: Co-director (Healthcare Delivery Pathway curriculum )
- University of Michigan School of Dentistry Faculty, Adjunct Clinical Lecturer
- Delta Sigma Delta (Professional Dental Fraternity,) Assistant Deputy
- Rotary Club of Plymouth